Intercollegiate Athletics Council
The Intercollegiate Athletics Council (IAC) at Columbus State University (CSU) shall:
- Provide counsel to the President of CSU and make recommendations to ensure that the university’s Department of Athletics is consistent with its stated goals and objectives, which should always be in line with the mission and values of CSU.
a. The authority to enact any recommendations or changes rests with the President of CSU.
- Monitor compliance with the rules and policies of NCAA Division II and Peach Belt Conference.
- Serve as liaison among faculty, staff, students, alumni, and the Athletic Department on issues related to Intercollegiate Athletics and student athlete welfare.
- Review requests for changes in the CSU athletic fee and make recommendations to the President of CSU.
- Represent the academic standards of the University as embodied in the CSU mission statement in decisions made by the Athletics Council.